If you’ve read our published guide of all the mission tasks in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, you may have noticed a missed mission. That would be Mission 46, and it’s considered to be the true, real ending of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Appropriately titled “Truth: The Man Who Sold the World,” there are a few specific requirements you must first meet before unlocking this hidden mission and the real ending of the game.
To unlock “Mission 46: Truth: The Man Who Sold the World”, you must first fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete all main story missions (excluding 45 and 47-50)
- Complete all the core Side Ops that are marked yellow on iDroid
- Upgrade Mother Base and its platforms as you keep progressing to unlock Mission 45. (Note: Accessing Mission 45 also requires you to complete Side Op 150, a mission with its own pre-requisites.)
How to unlock Side Op 150
Side Op 150 leads tot he finale of Quiet’s story, but doesn’t necessarily bring Quiet back. In order to unlock it, you’ll need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Do not kill Quiet in Mission 11: Cloaked in Silence. You need to keep her alive.
- Quiet must be battle-ready, and no recuperating.
- Max out Quiet’s bond level with you.
- You must have seen the cinematic cutscene at Mother Base in which Huey is exiled.
- Do not use the Butterfly design on your Emblem.
Note: You have to have Quiet as a buddy and not try to stop her departure after Mission 43.
Upon completing Mission 46, you’ll be rewarded with the real/true ending to The Phantom Pain, the Star of Betlehem key item (gives Infinity Bandana), and the Codename: Big Boss key item (gives Leather jacket uniform).